- Small group tour, with maximum group size of 16, and unique hotels
- Barcelona - marvel at the city's most famous landmark, the beautiful Sagrada Familia
- Castell Del Remei vineyard - learn about the production of local wines and enjoy wine tasting at this historic winery
- Pamplona - a beautiful Basque city close to the Pyrenees mountain range with a bustling old town
- San Sebastian - explore Spain's beautiful gastronomic capital, with its incredible Old Town tapas and our wonderful mountain-top
- Bilbao - discover wonderful contemporary art at the world famous Guggenheim Museum
- Rioja Region - sample fine wines at Bodegas Marques de Riscal Vineyard
- Salamanca - wander through the city's beautiful Plaza Mayor and see Spain's oldest University, with its stunning architecture
- Avila - roam around one of Spain's oldest towns, surrounded by an imposing, medieval wall, with more than 2500 turrets
- Madrid - explore Spain's vibrant capital on a hop on hop off bus
- Jaen Region- visit an Olive Oil farm and sample their produce in this famous Olive Oil Region, explore Ubeda, Jaen and spend the night in a former 16th century palace which is now a parador
- Granada - tour the spectacular Alhambra palace, with its exquisite Moorish architecture
- Jerez - go wine tasting at a famous vineyard in Jerez, famed for its sherry production
- Toledo - Monumental Gothic cathedral and roam around the gardens of the Alcazar palace-fortress
- Seville - wander the streets of Andalucia's enchanting capital and be sure to sample the array of tapas bars
- Cordoba - marvel at the mesmerizing La Mezquita, one of the world's greatest mosques
- Jabugo - discover what makes Iberico Ham so special on a tour of an authentic Iberico Ham farm
- Ronda - roam around one of Spain's oldest towns, set on a mountain top
- Lisbon - independently explore Portugal's charming coastal capital
- 14 nights 3 - 4 star hotels
- 14 breakfasts and 4 dinners
- Barcelona Airport arrival transfer on day 1
- All private transportation in air conditioned vehicles
- Guided sightseeing in Barcelona, Zaragoza, Pamplona, San Sebastian, Bilbao, Burgo, Salamanca, Avila, Madrid, Toledo, Granada, Ronda, Jerez, Seville and Cordoba
- Vineyard visit and wine tasting in Zaragoza, Rioja and Jerez
- San Sebastian Cider House visit & tasting
- Olive Oil farm visit and tasting in the Jaen Region
- Escorted by a local English speaking tour leader (or a driver guide for groups of 2 - 6)
- Specialist local guides for scheduled sightseeing
- Departure transfer - can be booked upon request
- International flights and visas
- Tipping - an entirely personal gesture
- Entrance Fees: Euro 115 - 125 (paid locally)
➕ Day 1 Arrival into Barcelona
Saturday. Welcome to Spain and the beautiful coastal city of Barcelona. At Barcelona airport you'll be met and transferred to our city centre hotel. This afternoon at 2pm we meet our guide for a tour of Barcelona. We visit the Hill of Montjuic, see the wonderful view of the Barcelona harbour, then continue on to the spectacular and iconic Basilica of Sagrada Familia, an unparalleled architectural gem, designed by architect Antoni Gaudi. Tonight we enjoy a group dinner/tapas in local restaurant.
Note: if you'd like more time to explore Barcelona we can arrange pre tour accommodation upon request.
➕ Day 2 Zaragoza & Vineyard
Barcelona - Zaragoza. Early this morning we leave Barcelona and visit Castell Del Remei, a local vineyard near Lleida, where we'll enjoy a tour of the vineyard and wine tasting before travelling on to Zaragoza.
On a walking tour in Zaragoza, we take in the spectacular multi-domed Basilica de Nuestra Senora del Pilar and the Palace of Aljaferia, which dates back to the 11th century. Later there's free time to explore and perhaps taste some of the delicious local Aragonese cuisine
➕ Day 3 Pamplona & San Sebastian
Zaragoza - San Sebastian. After a leisurely breakfast we travel to Pamplona, a beautiful Basque city made famous by the Ernest Hemingway novel 'The Sun Also Rises'. We enjoy a walking tour with our local guide and there's time for a drink and tapas in the old town before we travel on to San Sebastian.
San Sebastian is a beautiful and charming city and our hotel sits atop Monte Igueldo, with wonderful panoramic views of the city and the bay. There's free time to wander to the lively Parte Vieja (Old Town) and see why San Sebastian is known as the food capital of Spain, with its plethora of Michelin star restaurants. Or perhaps take a stroll along the lovely white sandy beach.
➕ Day 4-5 Bilbao & Rioja Wine Tasting
San Sebastian - Bilbao. After breakfast on day 4, we enjoy a tour of San Sebastian before heading east to our next stop, the port city of Bilbao. En route we visit a traditional family run Sideria (Cider House) to sample some tasty cider. In Bilbao we explore the old town with our local guide and in the afternoon visit the world famous Guggenheim Museum, with its display of modern and contemporary masterpieces. Then there's free time to have a stroll around the shops or step into any of the numerous bars to discover the lavish spreads of pintxos this city offers.
The next day we explore the world famous Rioja region, renowned for its exceptional wine. We'll visit the region's most famous Bodega, Marques de Riscal for wine tasting. We then travel on to Logrono, which is part of the Camino de Santiago trail, and enjoy an early dinner in Calle Laurel, before returning to Bilbao where you have free time at your leisure.
➕ Day 6 Burgos & Salamanca
Bilbao - Salamanca. Bidding farewell to the Basque Country we travel on to Burgos, to see the World Heritage Listed Gothic cathedral of Burgos, which looms large over the city skyline. After our walking tour we travel on to Salamanca, home of Spain's oldest University. The old town has beautiful examples of different architectural styles and we explore the back streets of this grand city with our local guide. This evening there's free time to discover the local bars and restaurants.
➕ Day 7 Avila Medieval City
Salamanca - Avila - Madrid. After breakfast we drive on to Avila, a UNESCO city which is famous for its well-preserved medieval city walls, which include eight monumental gates, 88 watch towers and over 2500 turrets. After our walking tour there's time for a leisurely lunch in one of the local Castilian restaurants. This afternoon we travel on to Madrid, where we're joined by a local guide for a tour of this cosmopolitan capital city.
➕ Day 8 Madrid sightseeing
Madrid. Today is a free day for you to explore the wonderful city of Madrid. You will have a hop on hop off bus pass to use at your leisure. The city is an art lover's dream, with the Museo del Prado and Centro de Reina to get you started. Visit the Plaza Mayor, Madrid's famous square, see the Royal Palace of Madrid and more. This evening join the rest of the group for a group dinner.
➕ Day 9 Toldeo & Ubeda
Madrid - Toledo - Ubeda. This morning we travel on to Toledo, which is known as the 'city of three cultures', because of the Christians, Arabs and Jews who lived here together for centuries. We enjoy a guided tour of the cathedral, Sto Tome Church and the magnificent synagogue, as we learn about the history of the town.
Afterwards we continue to the beautiful Renaissance town of Ubeda in the scenic olive oil producing region of Jaen. Here we'll visit an olive oil producer and get a taste of the groves. Then there's time to wander at your leisure around this enchanting pocket sized city. We spend the night at a parador, housed within a stunning 16th century former palace and located next to the beautiful Sacra Capilla del Salvador, in the heart of the city.
➕ Day 10 Jaen & Granada
Ubeda - Jaen - Granada. This morning we visit Jaen, which boasts the largest number of protected spaces, castles and fortresses in Spain. Here we'll have time to wander around the historic quarter, which has a beautiful Renaissance cathedral, before travelling on to the Andalusian city of Granada.
Granada, the land of a 1000 castles, is nestled at the foot of the Sierra Nevada mountains and is one of Andalucia's most interesting cities. This afternoon we enjoy a guided walk around the UNESCO Listed areas of Albaicin, the old Moorish quarter of the city, and the scenic Generalife gardens. Today's highlight is a tour of the lavish Alhambra palace, which is part palace and part fortress, with exquisite Moorish architecture.
➕ Day 11 Ronda & Jerez
Granada - Jerez. This morning we visit Ronda, one of Spain's oldest towns, which is surrounded by mountains and perched on a plateau. After a walking tour of the historic quarter, which dates back to Islamic times, we continue our scenic journey. We pass through Spain's famous whitewashed villages, including Arcos de Frontera, which sits on a spectacular sheer cliff, en route to Jerez. This vibrant and chic Andalucian city is part of the famed Sherry Triangle. The rest of the day is free to wander around the enchanting old town, find a local Tabanco and enjoy the local wine, sherry and tapas.
➕ Day 12-13 Seville & Cordoba
Jerez - Seville. On day 12 we visit one of the famous wine cellars in Jerez, to gain an understanding of the traditions of wine making in this area and enjoy some wine tasting. Later we travel on to the beautiful city of Seville, where a walking tour of the city includes the magnificent cathedral and beautiful Alcazar Gardens. The rest of the day is free to independently explore the city's vibrant streets and squares.
The following day we visit the city of Cordoba where a local guide will walk us through the white washed courtyards of the exquisite and iconic Mezquita, which is one of the world's greatest Islamic buildings. In the afternoon we return to Seville where the rest of the day is free to explore or perhaps enjoy a some retail therapy.
➕ Day 14 Jabugo & Lisbon
Seville - Lisbon (Portugal). After breakfast we depart Seville and make our way to Lisbon in Portugal. We head north toward Aracena and then onto the village of Jabugo, which is famous for its Iberica ham. Here we'll stop for a short tour and taste some of their amazing produce. Then we continue west across the border into Portugal. After a short lunch stop in Beja we travel through the Portuguese countryside en route to Lisbon, Portugal's captivating capital. After check in there is time to relax and tonight we gather for a final group dinner in local restaurant.
➕ Day 15 Lisbon
Saturday. Our tour comes to an end after breakfast today. We can arrange post tour accommodation in Lisbon and departure transfers upon request.